Oops, something went wrong. Please try again in 10 minutes or call 0860 834 834.
Terms and conditions for TFG's store cards
If, after reading the Agreement and after we have explained it to you, you are still uncertain of your rights and your financial risk and obligations, we recommend that you
independent legal advice.
Definitions used in this document
In this Agreement, unless the context indicates differently -
- "Account" means the account opened in your name to which we will debit amounts payable by you in terms of this Agreement, which is linked to the Card;
- "Agreement" means the Credit Agreement that you accept in store and includes these terms and conditions ("Terms") and all notices that we send to
- "Application" means your application for the Credit Facility which allows you to purchase on the Card, which purchases can be made at any TFG store,
telephonically, or online;
- "Business Day" means any day except for a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday;
- "Card" means the card and the secondary card(s) that we issue to you and the secondary account holder(s) (as the case may be);
- "Credit Agreement" means the credit agreement which you agreed to, and signed in store when opening your Account, together with the Terms;
- "Credit Allocation" means the maximum amount of credit that we make available for you to access and cannot exceed the Credit Limit;
- "Credit Facility" means the revolving credit facility that we offer to you, subject to the Terms;
- "Credit Limit" means the maximum approved amount of credit in terms of your Credit Facility;
- "Due Date" means the date on which a payment is due, as set out in the statement of account;
- "Interest Bearing Plan" means interest bearing payment Plans of 1, 6, 12, 18, 24 (six, twelve, eighteen, twenty four) months or longer
- "FGRR" means The Foschini Group Reference rate, which is the rate of interest determined by TFG from time to time and is linked to the ruling South African Reserve
Rate (the "repo" rate);
- "NCA" means the National Credit Act, no 34 of 2005, and Regulations, as amended;
- "Personal Information" means personal information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 ("POPI");
- "Process/Processing" has the same meaning assigned thereto in POPI;
- "Suspensive Interest Plan" means a 1 (one) or 6 (six) month Interest Bearing Plan which may be interest free as per clause 9.5 below. Certain goods may not be
purchased on this
- "TFG" means Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd, registration number 1988/007302/07, a registered credit provider, NCRCP 36, and an authorised financial services
provider. Our address
is Stanley Lewis Centre, 340 Voortrekker Road, Parow East, 7500. TFG includes any trading division of TFG, and where relevant, our subsidiary and holding companies, any subsidiary
of any of our holding companies. TFG currently trades as: @home, @homelivingspace, American Swiss, Archive, Collette, Donna, Duesouth Escapes, Exact, The Fix, Fabiani, Foschini,
Markham, Sportscene, Sterns, Totalsports, G-Star Raw, Mat & May, hi, RFO, Relay Jeans, Sneaker Factory and Soda Bloc. New trading divisions may be added from time to time;
- "we", "us" and "our" means TFG;
- "you" / "your" means the person who has agreed to enter into this Agreement and whose details are recorded on the Credit Agreement;
- The headings of the various clauses in this Agreement have been inserted purely for the purposes of convenience and they will not be used to interpret the Agreement;
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa.
Your Credit Facility
- You have accepted the Credit Facility as set out in the pre-agreement statement and quotation and the Credit Agreement, which upon acceptance becomes part of the Agreement.
- We hereby grant you the Credit Facility, subject to the Agreement.
- We will issue you with a Card. The use of the Card is subject to these Terms.
- We will debit all the amounts which you owe us under the Agreement, including charges and fees, to your Account, on these Terms.
Use of your Card and Account
- You are the only person who can use your Card. You cannot transfer it to any other person or allow another person to use it.
- You may apply for secondary card(s) to be issued to a nominated person(s) and to link secondary card(s) to your Account. These terms will also apply to the use of the secondary
You will be responsible for all transactions made through the use of the secondary card(s) and all amounts will be debited to your Account.
- You may use your Card to purchase goods and services from any TFG store and TFG online stores. When in store, you must sign the sales voucher when you use your Card to confirm
the goods and/or the services. You will not be allowed to purchase on your Account if you do not present your Card. Your purchases will be charged to your Account.
- If your Card is lost or stolen, you must call customer services (see clause 16 below for contact details), as soon as you discover the loss. If we issue a new Card to you, we will
you a card replacement cost for the replacement Card.
- Your Card will remain our property and we may cancel, suspend or demand the return of your Card at any time. Further, we may suspend and /or close your Account at any time at our
and sole discretion, but we will not exercise this discretion unreasonably.
- If your Account has been used fraudulently, you must lodge a claim with TFG Credit Forensics (see clause 16 below for contact details) within 30 (thirty) days of the date of your
reflecting the fraudulent use, or sooner if you become aware of it before this. Failure to do so could result in you being held liable for the fraudulent purchases made on your
You will be required to provide us with certain documents to support your claim. These must be provided to us within 7 (seven) Business Days of lodging your claim, or the
be closed, and you will be held liable for the purchases. We will investigate your claim, and if we conclude that you did not make the purchase(s), we will not hold you liable for
- If you are a contract worker there may be limits / blocks placed on your Account up to 6 (six) months before your contract comes to an end. You therefore need to inform us if these
circumstances arise and will then need to provide us with new employment details to enable us to re-activate your Account / Card. You can contact customer services for more
- You may be required to pay a deposit with your first purchase, or when purchasing certain goods, and will be advised about this in store.
Understanding your Credit Limit and Credit Allocation
- Any purchases you make are at all times limited to your Credit Allocation.
- You undertake not to purchase in excess of the Credit Allocation.
- Your Credit Allocation may be increased or decreased at any time by us in our sole discretion.
- Your Credit Limit may be increased in the following instances:
- temporarily, where we accept a purchase which results in the Credit Limit being exceeded or where we agree to raise the Credit Limit in response to a request from you in
accommodate a particular purchase. You will then only be able to purchase again on your Account when you have paid back the amount which exceeded your Credit Limit; or
- by agreement with you in response to a written or oral request initiated by you at any time or with your written consent in response to a written proposal by us at any
- unilaterally and in accordance with the NCA, if you, at the time of applying for the Credit Facility or at any later time, in writing, have specifically requested the
having the Credit Limit automatically increased from time to time.
- You may at any time, by written notice to us, require that the Credit Limit be reduced or stipulate the maximum Credit Limit that you will accept.
- We may, by notice to you, reduce the Credit Limit. The reduction will be effective upon delivery of the written notice.
- We may, in our sole discretion, decide to extend the term of your Plan to assist you with meeting your monthly payment obligations. We will inform you of this in writing or via
will bring your Account up to date for purposes of section 103(5) of the NCA.
If your circumstances change
- If your financial circumstances or income changes at any time, or you become unemployed, you must notify customer services as soon as possible after these changes occur.
- If you go under debt review, you must inform us of this immediately. You will not be allowed to purchase on your Account while under debt review.
- You agree that the address or the email address that you have provided to us at time of opening your Account is the address where we must send all communication as well as legal
communication to you and that such communication will be binding on you.
- You must let us know in writing of any change to your address / email address, telephone or cellular phone numbers. If you fail to give notice of such a change, we may use the last
information we have for you.
- You will be deemed to have received a notice or letter five (5) Business Days after we have posted it to the address you have given us, and an email / sms on the same day
Your monthly Account statement (statement)
- You agree that we may provide you with statements periodically (at least once every 90 days. We may not send you statements when your account is dormant or has a credit balance.
- We will send the statements to the address you elected in the Credit Agreement or to your chosen e-mail address or via sms. You can also view your statements online by registering
- The statements will, amongst others, -
- show all transactions relating to the Account, including;
- all interest and other charges debited or credited to the Account; and
- inform you of the minimum amount that is payable to us on or before the Due Date stated on the statement; and
- show you the total amount due on your Account.
- An amount equal to or more than the minimum amount due must be paid to us on or before the Due Date. Non-availability of a statement shall not be a cause to withhold or reduce any
due and payable to us. Information about your Account and your payment obligations can also be obtained from customer services, on our website, or from any of our stores.
If you have not denied liability regarding a debit on the Account and/or raised a query regarding the correctness of any statement within 30 (thirty) days from the date of
the statement, you shall be deemed to have admitted liability to us in respect of the debit and to have accepted the statements as true and correct, unless you are able to prove
Paying your Account
- We have the discretion to decide the minimum monthly amount payable ("Instalment") by you.
- You may make payments at any TFG store, by electronic funds transfer (as set out on your statement), by debit order, or online. The payment method you choose is at your risk, and
only consider a payment as properly made when we have received it and credited it to your Account.
- We will credit each payment made at the date of receipt of the payment, as follows -
- firstly, towards any due or unpaid interest;
- secondly, towards any due or unpaid fees or charges; and
- thirdly, to reduce the amount of Principal Debt, which is the amount that becomes due when goods and services are purchased.
- If your Account has been credited with an early payment, we will allocate that credit towards your monthly instalment payment for a maximum consecutive period of 3 (three) months,
which your monthly instalment will again become due and payable.
- Debit orders:
You can pay your Account by monthly debit order. You will need to complete a separate debit order instruction form in store, or you can speak to customer services to arrange a
You will be bound to the debit order terms and conditions which can be found on www.tfg.co.za/debit.
Interest, costs and fees that we may charge you
- We may charge an initiation fee for the preparation costs of this Agreement. We will inform you in the Credit Agreement if we charge this fee.
- You agree to pay the monthly service fee on the Due Date. This fee is for the routine monthly administration of your Account. If you do not pay this fee on time, it will be added
outstanding balance and interest will be charged thereon. The service fee may be increased and we will give you notice of this. We may change the frequency of this fee from monthly
annually, in which event we will advise you of this in writing.
- The interest rate payable by you will be the interest rate set out in the Credit Agreement, which is a variable rate. The total interest payable as well as the amount of the
stated in the Credit Agreement may change if the FGRR changes. We will notify you on your monthly statement of the date on which the new rate takes effect, within 30 (thirty)
of the interest rate change.
- Interest is calculated daily on your full outstanding balance and compounded monthly. We are entitled to add any unpaid interest to the outstanding balance and the Principal
- Interest on Suspensive Interest Plans:
- If your Suspensive Interest Plan is not in arrears at the beginning of the month, and you pay your full Instalment on or before the Due Date, the interest as set out in
9.3 and 9.4 above will not be charged.
- If you do not pay your full Instalment by the Due Date, interest will be charged as per clauses 9.3 and 9.4 above from the date when the purchases were made under this
until you have brought your Account up to date.
- We will charge you collection costs each time you miss one or more payments, or you do not pay on the Due Date, and as a result of which we have to write a letter or email, send a
call you to advise you of your default.
- We may also charge for telephone calls and electronic communication if they are made or sent to a telephone number or e-mail address that you have provided us with, and are not
or if a voicemail is left on your phone.
- If we hand your Account over to Attorneys or debt collectors for legal collection, you will be liable for their costs in full.
- If we have to institute or defend any legal action of any nature whatsoever against you, you will be liable for all legal costs incurred by us, including but not limited to: legal
the "attorney and client scale", collection charges, tracing fees and all necessary disbursements plus value added tax (VAT) thereon (where applicable).
Optional financial products
- Your Account may be used to pay for optional financial products that TFG is licensed to offer, and which you have agreed to take up.
- You agree that we may charge your Account and collect the relevant amount(s) from you, for the financial products you have chosen to take up. The charging and collection of the
amount(s) for these financial products as per this clause 10.2 may attract interest in terms of the Agreement. This interest is retained by us.
- Separate terms and conditions apply for each optional financial product which will be provided to you when you take up the product.
Terminating your Agreement with us
- You may terminate this Agreement at any time by advising customer services and on the conditions set out below. The date on which this Agreement ends or terminates will be called
the settlement date.
- If you terminate this Agreement, you must pay us the settlement value on the settlement date. The settlement value will include the following amounts at the settlement date:
- the unpaid balance of the Principal Debt; and
- the unpaid interest and all other fees and charges you owe.
- We may terminate this Agreement on notice to you if you fail to comply with these Terms.
If you fail to pay your Account or comply with these Terms
- You will be in default under this Agreement if -
- you do not pay any amount payable to us under this Agreement on the Due Date; or
- you breach any of the Terms of this Agreement and you do not remedy the breach; or
- any representation or warranty made in connection with this Agreement or any other documents supplied by you is materially incorrect or false;
- you -
- publish notice of the voluntary surrender or your estate or die;
- are placed under administration or commit an act of insolvency as defined in the Insolvency Act 24 of 1936;
- have any application or other proceedings brought against or in respect of you in terms of which a third party seeks to have you sequestrated or placed under
curatorship, in any event, whether in a manner which is provisional or final, voluntary or compulsory.
- If you are in default, we may:
- give you written notice of such default via post, email or sms;
- propose that you refer this Agreement to a debt counselor, alternative dispute resolution agent, consumer court or ombud with jurisdiction, with the intention that the
parties resolve any dispute under this Agreement or develop and agree on a plan to bring repayments up to date;
- commence legal proceedings to enforce this Agreement if -
- we have given you notice as referred to in 12.2.2 above or we have given notice to end any debt review process which may be underway in respect of this Agreement;
- you have been in default of this Agreement for at least 20 (twenty) Business Days; and
- at least 10 (ten) Business days have passed since we delivered a notice to you contemplated in 12.2.2; and
- in the case of the notice sent to you, have not responded to that notice, or rejected our proposal.
- If you fail to pay any amount that is due, or, you fail to comply with any conditions of your Agreement, then -
- all amounts owing by you to us may become due and payable immediately, at the discretion of TFG, and in the case of your estate being sequestrated or you going under
administration, we will lodge a claim for the full amount outstanding on your account, plus further interest; and
- we may suspend your Account and give you 10 (ten) days' notice before closing your Account, in which event you will be required to repay the Account in full and on
How we may process your Personal Information
- You agree and consent thereto that we may transmit to (a) registered credit bureau(x) and to the South African Credit and Risk Reporting Association (SACCRA), and any organisation
representing credit bureau(x) any information concerning -
- your Application, this Agreement and the termination thereof as well as information about your Account;
- any non-compliance by you with the terms of this Agreement.
- You acknowledge that the credit bureau(x) will provide a credit profile and possibly a credit score on your credit worthiness. You have the right to contact such credit bureau(x),
to have the credit record(s) disclosed to you and to correct any inaccurate information.
- You agree that we may -
- make enquiries to confirm and verify any information provided by you in the application form;
- seek information from any credit bureau(x) or from the Department of Home Affairs when assessing your application, opening your Account, and at any time during the
existence of your Account;
- Share your information with third parties for purposes of operating your account
- You acknowledge and expressly consent that we may -
- Process your Personal Information to conclude this Agreement and for purposes of maintaining your Account and complying with your instructions;
- Process your Personal Information for purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud and criminal activities, the identification of the proceeds of unlawful activities
and the combating of money laundering activities; and
- Share your information with third parties for the express purpose of them marketing their services and products to you. We will only do this in the event that you have
consented to us giving your name and contact information to parties outside of TFG for marketing purposes when opening your Account.
- You have the right to access your Personal Information held by us. We will grant you such access during office hours within a reasonable time after receiving such a written request
- We may share positive and negative information about you or your Account, including any non-compliance with the Terms of this Agreement, with other companies.
- We will only keep your Personal information for as long as we need to or have to by law.
- Should your Account go into arrears at any time, we may forward your Personal Information to third party agencies and/or Attorneys.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under this Agreement to a third party without your consent and without notice to you buy selling your Account to third parties in the
even that you have defaulted on your Account. In such an event the third party will then process your Personal Information.
- You may update your Personal Information at any time by calling customer services.
Failure / Malfunction of networks and devices
We will not be responsible for any failure, malfunction or delay of any networks or electronic or mechanical device or terminal used in the acceptance and Processing of
and any other use of the Card and will not be liable for any damages, losses, claims or expenses suffered or incurred by you.
Your acknowledgements, representations and warranties
By signing this Agreement you acknowledge that -
- you have the full capacity to effect and carry out your obligations in terms of this Agreement and that the terms of this Agreement do not conflict with and do not
breach of the terms of any other agreement or undertaking that is binding to you;
- you have not stipulated a child grant as income for purposes of assessing your affordability;
- all information that you provided to us in connection with this Agreements is in all aspects true, complete, current and accurate, and you are not aware of any material
circumstances not disclosed to us, which if disclosed, would adversely affect our decision to grant credit to you.
- you are not subject to an administration order, under debt
review or under curatorship;
- this Agreement has been explained to you and you understand and appreciate the costs, risks and obligations associated herewith;
- as at the date of your Application for credit with us, you have not applied for or are in the process of taking up any additional credit;
if you are married in community of property, your spouse has consented to the conclusion of this Agreement in writing and his/her signature has been attested to by two
you have read these terms and confirm that you understand their content, the meaning of which has been explained to you;
You have the right to resolve any dispute that may arise between us by way of alternative dispute resolution, or to file a complaint with the National Credit Regulator, or to make
an application to the Consumer Tribunal ( see contact details in clause 16 below).
TFG customer services can be contacted via:
E-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org;
Post - P.O. Box 6020, Parow East, 7500; and
Telephone - 0860 576 576
- TFG Credit Forensics can be contacted via:
Email: email@example.com; or
Telephone: 021 938 7415
- The Credit Ombud can be contacted on 086 166 2837.
- The National Credit Regulator can be contacted on 086 062 7627.
- We may monitor and record all phone calls and other interactions with you.
- You may request the Terms and certain other documents in Afrikaans, IsiXhosa and Sesotho.
- If we have not strictly enforced the Terms of this Agreement at any time, you may not assume that the Terms have been waived or altered by us. The Terms will still apply and we
will have the right to enforce the Terms at any time.
- We may provide a letter from any of our managers, whose position it will not be necessary to prove, showing the amount that you owe to us. You agree that we may take any judgement
or order that we are entitled to in law based on the amount contained in the letter, unless you disagree with such amount and are able to satisfy the court that the amount in the
letter is incorrect.
- This is the whole Agreement and no change or cancellation will be valid unless it is in writing and signed by both parties or is voice logged by us and subsequently reduced to
writing, except for unilateral changes made by us in accordance with the NCA.
- This Agreement is governed by South African Law.
- In terms of Section 45 of the Magistrate's Court Act 32 of 1944 and at our option, any claim that may arise may be recovered in any Magistrate's Court having jurisdiction and you
hereby consent to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate's Court.
- We may amend or replace the Terms at any time and you will be bound to any changes made, and in such an event, a new agreement will not automatically come into being between us.
- As an Account customer you are automatically a member of TFG Rewards. Visit https://www.mytfgworld.com for more
- We may market certain TFG goods and services to you from time to time. We may call / email / SMS you to market these goods and services to you on Saturdays, Sundays and public
holidays and outside of prescribed times as set out in the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 ("CPA"). We will not do this if you choose not to be marketed to at
Application or at a later stage by notifying customer services that you do not wish to receive such marketing calls / emails / SMS.
- We may interact with you via various means including but not limited to: telephonic, in writing, email, SMS and WhatsApp.
- Special orders for jewellery
Any special orders placed for jewellery on your Account will be subject to the terms and conditions for special orders, which you will receive when you place your special order.
By signing the Credit Agreement you acknowledge and agree that you understand the Agreement, your rights, financial risk, and obligations, and that you are aware of and have paid special
attention to all the terms printed in bold.
(20 5 20)
TFG: Extension of New Account Discount Vouchers - Terms & Conditions
To be eligible to receive the remainder of the R1, 500.00 (one thousand five hundred rand) worth of discount vouchers, a customer’s TFG account application must have been received between 10 February – 22 March 2020, and, if their account was approved, the account must have been opened in store, with all credit documentation signed and accepted, by no later than 27 March 2020. Vouchers are only given to new customers whose accounts were approved by the above date.
To qualify for the remaining vouchers, customers must have applied and been approved for a TFG account between 10 February and 22 March 2020, and their account must have been opened in-store (meaning all credit documentation must be signed and accepted) before 27 March 2020. Customers will receive the following 6 vouchers in-store / via SMS:
Voucher 2: R75 off R300; Valid 9 May – 16 June 2020
Voucher 3: R150 off R600; Valid 9 May – 16 June 2020
Voucher 4: R400 off R1600; Valid 9 May – 16 June 2020
Voucher 5: R250 off R1000; Valid 9 May – 16 June 2020
These afore-mentioned vouchers may be redeemed at any TFG store
Voucher 6: R500 off R2000; Valid 9 May – 31 July 2020. This voucher may only be redeemed at the following TFG stores: Fabiani, G-Star Raw, American Swiss, Mat and May, Sterns, @home and @homelivingspace
Vouchers 2 - 6 will be Sms’d to the cell phone number provided by the customer on the account application form. The SMS will include the voucher codes which must be given to the cashier at the time of purchase to enable the Voucher to be redeemed.
Vouchers 2 - 6 will be sent to customers who have card linked (opened their account in-store) between 10 Feb – 5 April 2020, on May 2020.
Voucher T’s & C’s
This voucher may be used for merchandise at any of the TFG stores stipulated on the voucher, excluding sale goods, reduced merchandise, cell phones, laptops, tablets, navigational devices, Gift Cards or airtime purchases. The voucher is non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or be used as payment towards a TFG account. The voucher may not be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer, and expires on the date stated in the Terms & Conditions and in the SMS received.
You have accepted the Credit Facility as set out in the pre-agreement statement and quotation and the Credit Agreement, which upon acceptance becomes part of the Agreement.